Last year, in september, a presumably muscly, patriotic and generic shooter was released. The developers talked a lot about how tons and tons of sand found in sandstorm-ravaged Dubai could significantly change the way you fought. In my opinion, that was a mild exaggeration – because honestly it didn’t really do any difference. However, it did do something else…
So… Why would you buy Spec Ops: The Line?
- Because you enjoy exploding enemies’ heads in slow-motion
- Because you liked Nolan North – the voice of both Desmond Miles from Assassin’s Creed and Nathan Drake from Uncharted – and wanted to hear more of his crispy voice
- Because getting all emotional and thoughtful is just your thing
- Because you no longer want to be left out, when the culturally gifted are discussing Joseph Conrad’s “Heart of Darkness”
- Because your ego is massive and you need to have some loading-screen-insults thrown in your face
SHOULD you buy Spec Ops: The Line?
Yes, go out and get it!… Or really it depends – because gameplaywise, Spec Ops is good, but nothing out of the ordinary. However, if you’re willing to put that aside, it will really knock you over with its fantastic story.